What should I have with my blueberry wine? Chicken, again? If you have become bored eating same old chicken recipes, then you better take a look at the chicken recipe that I’ve got for you. It consists of Chicken breasts, but that’s not where the excitement ends. It’s the sauce that makes this chicken recipe more intriguing because it is made of Blueberry wine. You can make this recipe in a pan or you can barbecue chicken breasts on a Traeger Renegade Elite grill. It is up to you to decide as to how you want chicken breasts to be cooked.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
2. 8 tbsps., clarified butter.
3. 125 grams refined flour.
4. ½ tsp salt.
5. ¼ tsp pepper.
6. 2 tbsps., onion, minced.
7. ¼ tsp cinnamon.
8. 1 cup of blueberry wine.
1. You need to sprinkle four chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and flour.
2. If preparing the recipe in a skillet, then pour in 6 to 8 tbsps., clarified butter.
3. When you see the butter getting deep in color, then gently put the chicken pieces in the skillet.
4. Make sure to regulate heat so that the butter remains hot, but doesn’t change its color from deep yellow.
5. It is going to take 3 minutes for each side of chicken breasts to cook properly. After 3 minutes, you need to saute on the other side.
6. When you find chicken breasts getting springy, it means, the chicken is ready.
7. If using a smoker, then turn on the grill on medium heat and brush it with butter. Add chicken breasts on the grill and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until you see the chicken breasts getting dark golden. Flip to the other side now and repeat the process.
How to make blueberry wine sauce?
1. If you have cooked chicken breasts in the skillet, then there will be some butter left in it, so leave it as it is.
2. Add 2 tbsps., minced onions and saute for a minute or so.
3. Add a cup of blueberry wine and boil it to burn off all the alcohol.
4. The liquid will become syrupy, so now, you need to add a pinch of cinnamon in order to expose the spiciness of blueberries.
5. Take the skillet off the heat and add a half stick of butter.
6. Mix butter with blueberry wine syrup and then, pour the sauce over chicken breasts.
This recipe tastes a lot better with a refreshing drink, especially when it has blueberry wine in it. I’m now going to share a stimulating drink that you can easily make at home. The name of this drink is ‘Blueberry wine spritzer’, and it is quite easy to make.
Cooking Time: 14 minutes
1. 2 oz., blueberry simple syrup.
2. 4 oz., carbonated soda water.
3. ½-cup ice cubes.
4. 2 oz., fresh lemon juice.
5. 5 oz., chilled white wine.
How to create Blueberry syrup?
1. 1 cup fresh blueberries.
2. ½ cup water.
3. ¼ cup cane sugar.
1. You need to create a blueberry simple syrup, take a medium saucepan and add sugar, water, and blueberries in it. Turn on the heat and stir all the ingredients together. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until blueberries break down. It will take around 3-4 minutes.
2. Now, strain out blueberries with the help of a strainer or just keep them in the pan.
3. Let the syrup cool completely.
4. Take a glass now and add blueberry syrup, ice, club soda, lemon juice and white wine in it. Garnish it with fresh blueberries and lemon slices.
Blueberry wine and chicken go very well together. You now have a wonderful option and a recipe idea with your blueberry wine and chicken.
Author Bio: Monica Henin is the author of this amazing post. She has written a number of healthy recipes and food tips, which are submitted on many top websites. To know more about Monica Henin and her work, kindly go to Addonkitchen.com